BRO(ther) GA(dis)

11:22

This was in June.

We were listening to a briefing about our practicum when I said to Jureen, "Jom pergi Broga esok." So, we asked anyone who wanted to join us because it is unsafe for just two girls to travel two hours away from the campus in such an early morning. It was still undecided until 11 pm because that was an impromptu plan. 

Then, at 1am Jureen texted me and confirmed that we would start the journey at 4am. I tried my best to get a few hours of sleep before waking up a few hours later. Jureen picked me at my place at 4.30 am and we went there with Sue, Una, Nana, Feeza, Nik, Nieta and Saiful (Nieta's boyfriend). So the trip consisted of one brother and 8 gadis (girls).

We were lost for a few times because Waze was not helping that morning but we reached there 10 minutes before 7 am after stopping at R&R Sungai Buloh for Subuh prayer. So, we missed the sunrise.

Anyway, we started climbing and quarter of the journey, a lot of us could not make it. I pushed them slowly and somehow I turned into a sweeper. Sue could not make it because she did not have a proper breakfast so it took toll on her body. She insisted that we continued and she would wait for us down there. I was feeling guilty for leaving her but luckily it was bright already.


We reached the first check point after 30 minutes. After we got our breath steady, we took a lot of pictures and found a spot to sit. We tried to gain our energy by eating some koko crunch and honey star. We continued taking a lot of pictures and chit chatting.


Una wanted to go to the highest peak, while the others had surrendered. I followed Una. I did not plan to climb until the highest peak of Broga Hill but since Una wished for it, I gave a try. I had reached the highest peak before and I even did continue until Gunung Tok Wan, but that was when I jogged for at least twice a week. I was not confident that day but we went up slowly and we reached the top!





That day I learned that, wishes may look impossible but we do not know unless we try. No matter how slow, no matter how hard it is, but we have to try our best.





You Might Also Like

0 comments