27 Things To Do Before I Settle Down

00:21


People of my age are competing to get married. I know that getting married during early 20 is good but, I believe that I am not ready to settle down yet. You know, I don't want to settle down just because I feel lonely or because I think I need a man. Sometime, it hits me too whenever I feel like I need a boyfriend. Although I know that it is wrong to have a boyfriend or to love someone before I get married but, god has created feelings which a person needs another person who can comply him or her.

I am afraid that I will regret my decision if I settle down early. I have been watching a new Korea drama series, the translated title is called as Twenty Again. The woman got married right after she had finished high school. Her youth was wasted because she devoted her life to the marriage. She turned herself into someone that her husband needed and not being the real her. She quit her study and her dream to become a professional dancer. She definitely became someone else.

I have a lot of things that I want to do before I get married and I found this video which I can relate too:



Okay, let me rephrase this video:



27 Things To Do Before I Settle Down:

1. Travel with my BFFs - DONE
I have travelled with Jaggers to Ipoh last February. So, it is considered as done but I want to travel abroad too.

2. Learn to cook- Halfway
I am currently learning on how to do the simple dishes. As for now, I can cook for my brothers.

3. Be financially independent
This is so important. I want to be someone who can support myself. I can pay my house rent and the utilities. I can go shopping what I want and I can travel using my own money. The most important is, I can give money to my parents and treat my brothers using my own money. Well, I should be prepared, who knows if misfortune happens, so at least I would be able to support my family.

4. Face one of my biggest fears
Not many know but I am afraid of snake. I can't even see their pictures, they scare me because they will remind me of the afterlife punishment. In Islam, snakes will come inside your grave if you have missed your prayers during your lifetime. So, I wish I can hold a snake on my hand and take picture with it.

5. Live alone
I wish to live alone in a tiny apartment or a studio. I have the experience of living in a house alone when my roommates were away but the feel is not the same. I can be myself when I live alone and I want to enjoy my own space. 

6. Accomplish a goal
As for now, my goal is to get a post graduate degree. My parents wished that I would pursue my study in medicine when I was in secondary school but sadly their daughter does not have the passion to be a doctor. So, they kind of dissapointed. I want to get at least the title "Dr" as a gift for them although through a post graduate degree but at least, in a field that I have the interest.

7. Find my drink of choice
This is not suitable for me, muslim don't drink. Haha. But I want to drink more plain water and make it as a habit because chap lips always happen to me.

8. Make the first move - DONE
I had confessed my feeling to a guy and was rejected. No elaboration.

9. Challenge myself
I want to do skydriving or bungee jumping. I can tolerate height but sometime I do realize that I am shaking when I am at a very tall place or a very deep sea.

10. Take a road trip - DONE
I had gone to a road trip to many places. Sometime due to assignments or invitation. I have been to Melaka and Teluk Intan.

11. Try a nice restaurant by myself - DONE
I have tried a lot of nice restaurants on my own and alone,

12. Live somewhere else - DONE
I am currently living in Taiping and I had lived in Tanjung Malim. If my boarding school experience is counted, I had been living in Lembah Bidong and Kuala Berang too.

13. Learn to drive manual - DONE
I drive manual car.

14. Find a new show, and watch it all in one weekend - DONE
Have been doing this a lot.

15. Get fit - IN PROGRESS
I was fit and due to hectic schedule I am not fit anymore but I just started to do Zumba for at least 30 minutes per session and at least three days a week.

16. Build something with your hands - DONE
I did a coursework for my living skill subject when I was in school, years ago.

17. Stay up until the sunrise - DONE
Semester 5 and 6 were spent by staying up most of the nights to complete the assignments.

18. See my favourite artist live - CROSS
I dont have anyone who I want to see and it is not suitable for me to go to concerts.

19. Make a list of books to read and then read them all
I will do this during my 3 months break after teaching practicum.

20. Learn to fight - DONE
I learnt Taekwondo.

21. Volunteer - DONE
I love it! Projek Kalsom, soup kitchen, zoo volunteering and volunteering projects at school and university levels.

22. Try a new hobby
I want to try sewing.

23. Apply for your dream job
My dream job is to be a tourist guide.

24. Keep a journal - DONE
My blog is my e-journal.

25. Have a long conversation with a stranger
Tried once but I was sleepy, so it was only 10 minutes but I will try it again.

26. Do something crazy and spontaneous - DONE
Always.

27. Get to know yourself
It is in progress and this is the hardest thing to do.


Dear future husband, let me finish my bucket list, it is 13 out of 26 (since 18 is not included) for now. So, half more to go!

Love, your future wife.




You Might Also Like

0 comments