Stop Eating and Start Treating

09:14

I read a story on Neelofa's instagram. She posted a story about a rich woman with nice clothes who was not happy. The woman met her psychiatrist and he asked the rich woman, "Why are you here today?"

The rich woman said, "I'm not happy."

The psychiatrist called a cleaner lady. He said, "I'm going to ask her, how does she find her happiness?"

To cut it short, the cleaner lady's story is one of the most heartbreaking story I ever heard. She lost her husband and a few months after that she lost her only son. It was depressing for the lady cleaner, she could not eat and she could not smile.

One day, on her way home, a kitten followed her. She let the kitten in and she gave it milk. The kitten licked the plate clean. The kitten purred and rubbed against her leg and for the first time, she smiled. She said, "If helping a little kitten could make me smile, maybe doing something nice could make me happy."

So, the next day, she baked biscuits and gave them to her sick neighbour. Day by day, she tried to do something nice to someone. "It made me so happy to see them happy. Today, I don't know of anybody who sleeps and eats better than I do."

The rich lady cried. She did have everything that money can buy but she had lost the things that money can't buy.

The beauty of life does not depend on how happy you are, but on how happy others can be because of you.
 -- 

So, it hits me that I keep wasting money on paying for good food which the happiness does not last long. It makes me think that, what if the money that I spend to pay for the expensive food is used for treating my friends or random strangers. It is a nice thing and somehow, I believe I will be happier than before.

Let say, the cheapest food that I will pay for at a fine dining restaurant cost three portions of the food that I enjoy at the normal restaurant every day. It makes me thinking, what will happen if I treat two of my friends and I for a dinner rather than I go alone to a fine dining restaurant and splurge my money on expensive food.


I'll try to do some experiment and will get back to you later!

You Might Also Like

0 comments